Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Where's Joe (Pops)
Coffee EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:23 pm by Guest

» Reunion 2009
Coffee EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:49 am by Guest

» Guess What ???
Coffee EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:02 pm by Guest

» Rules for attending the Reunion
Coffee EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:52 pm by Guest

» 2010 Reuion
Coffee EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:25 pm by Ham Bone

» Reunion Facilities
Coffee EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:36 pm by Ham Bone

» Rita Jean
Coffee EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 10:41 pm by Ham Bone

» Smith-Bailey
Coffee EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:23 am by Ham Bone

» Wal-Mart has everything!
Coffee EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:11 pm by Ham Bone

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Coffee

Go down

Coffee Empty Coffee

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:58 am

I'm trying a new coffee this morning: Folgers Brazilian. Great flavor! It reminded me of drinking coffee with Aunt Mimi, Aunt Nell, and Mom at Aunt Mimi's house. Those were the good ol' days for sure. If you never got the chance to do it, you don't know what you missed. They were fun to be around when they weren't getting fired up about something that happened twenty five years ago. Being a young girl I learned about boys from sitting at the table and listening to their conversations. I also found out that drinking coffee made you go to the bathroom, and it was there that I learned about stocking up on toilet tissue. Aunt Mimi had plenty of paper on hand. One time I asked her if she was afraid of running out and she told me, "No, that's why I stock up Wink." She always made me laugh. I loved her so much! That's why I always try to make my grandkids laugh. I want them to remember me and how much fun I was to be around when I'm no longer here.

Aunt Nell would always bring me clothes that Janet outgrew and/or no longer wanted. I couldn't wait to dig through them to find something I could wear. They were always so nice and clean, and modern. What I couldn't wear Mom saved back for Diane and Sherril. Aunt Nell would give Mom dishes and other things that she thought Mom could use and enjoy. Everything she gave us we appreciated. I loved Aunt Nell. She inspired me to dress well and to have things. That's why I try to encourage my grandkids to appreciate what they have and to take care of it as long as they can.

I learned responsibility from Uncle Harley. He took care of Grandma. He did it for as long as his health would let him. He also took care of Mom when she needed help, making sure that she and her kids had something to eat, a place to stay, and clothes to wear. I heard Mom say lots of times, if it hadn't been for him, we would've staved to death. Uncle Harley wasn't easy to love, being that he was often moody, but he was loved nonetheless. I wish I hadn't been afraid to tell him that. I try to make it easy for people to tell me they love me. Everyone deserves to be loved by someone. Uncle Harley deserved to be loved even if he didn't think he did.

Uncle Vernon was a character. He always picked on me something furious. I remember one time he tried to kiss me and I hit him right in the face. He thought it was funny and when he laughed, I started crying. After that I avoided him every chance I got whenever I'd see him. I must've been four, or five years old. He just didn't care if I got mad, or not Smile. I loved him so much. May be that's why I don't care if my grandkids get mad at me when I tease them.

Aunt Bernice is fun, easy to love, and quick to laugh. When she hurts I hurt, when she laughs I laugh, when she cries I cry. I think we all do. We love her. I learned compassion from her as well as acceptance. She has that unconditional love for all people, no matter who they are. It's something I'm working toward and hope that my daughter and grandkids will someday achieve.

Coffee brings people together. "My cup runneth over..." Have coffee with someone: your mother, your father, your brother, your sister etc.. Freddie and I use to drink coffee together, sitting in his two car garage. Have coffee before it's too late. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

Back to top Go down

Coffee Empty Re: Coffee

Post by Ham Bone Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:52 pm

How neat! Great story as usual.
Ham Bone
Ham Bone
The Grand Knuckle Head
The Grand Knuckle Head

Male Number of posts : 132
Job : Dump Ground Manager, Area 51
Humor : Very Sick
Registration date : 2008-03-21